Updated July 2017
The Invention Factory LLC ("TIF") warrants to the original purchaser ("Purchaser") that the TIF branded Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship which cause the Product to fail to operate in accordance with the performance specifications set forth in documentation published for or provided with the Product ("Specifications") for the applicable period from the date of purchase (as set forth in the applicable invoice or other documentation received with your purchase) ("Warranty Period"). You must register your Warranty within 30 days of receipt to activate your Limited Warranty.
TIF warrants that any standard finish on a Product will be free of cracking, peeling, excessive fading, and corrosion defects during the applicable Warranty Period.
If any Product covered by this limited warranty is returned by Purchaser in accordance with TIF's Terms and Conditions of Sale within the Warranty Period, and TIF determines at its sole discretion that such Product failed to satisfy this warranty, TIF will, at its option, repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof, or reimburse Purchaser for the purchase price, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. For purposes of clarity, "repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof" does not include any removal or reinstallation costs or expenses, including, without limitation, any labor costs or expenses, shipping costs to return non-conforming Products or any damages that may occur during the return of Product to TIF or its agents. If TIF chooses to replace the Product and is not able to do so because it has been discontinued or is not available, TIF may replace it with a comparable product. TIF reserves the right to use new, reconditioned, refurbished, repaired or remanufactured products or parts in the repair or replacement of any Product covered by this limited warranty.
This limited warranty is subject to the following additional conditions:
- The Products have been properly handled, stored, wired, transported, installed, operated and maintained in accordance with the applicable Specifications.
- The Product has not been abused in any way including subject to a significant impact.
- The Product has not been disassembled, modified or rebuilt by any person or entity other than the manufacturer or an authorized agent of TIF.
- If your Product is listed as water resistance to an extent and if you submerge or immerse the product under water causing pressurized water to be forced through the seals to exceed its water resistance rating.
- If you have subjected the unit to over exposure to salt air or salt water (e.g., storing it in close proximity to salt water).
- If there is evidence of tampering or abusive use of the switch beyond normal wear and tear.
- If you have dropped your Product while the charging cable is plugged in and either bend or break the input or output ports.
- A TIF representative will have access to the failed Products and other fixtures or equipment that the Product is attached to. If the fixture or other equipment becomes suspect, the representative shall have the right to invite other manufacturers' representatives to evaluate the lighting system components.
- The Product has must have been purchased directly from an authorized TIF distributor/dealer for use in the United States.
- Purchase receipt for the Product is available for inspection by TIF.
- If you truly believe, with confidence, that the Product is defective, you may contact us through our website clicking on the Contact link and we will resolve the issue. We want you to be delighted!
This limited warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any acts of God or from any abuse, misuse, abnormal use, improper power supply, powers surges or fluctuations, corrosive environments, neglect, exposure or any use or installation in violation of the instructions or restrictions prescribed by tif or any applicable standard or code, including those contained in the latest National Electrical Code, Standards for Safety of Underwriters Laboratory, inc. (UL) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). No agent, distributor or dealer is authorized to change, modify or extend the terms of this limited warranty on behalf of TIF. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS VOID IF THE PRODUCT IS NOT USED FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT IS DESIGNED OR IF ANY REPAIRS OR ALTERATIONS ARE MADE BY ANY PERSON NOT AUTHORIZED BY TIF IN WRITING.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY GIVEN BY TIF WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND THE SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, IN CONTRACT, IN TORT OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM THE FAILURE OF PRODUCT AND IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WHICH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. PURCHASER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY NONCONFORMITY OR DEFECT IN ANY PRODUCT SHALL BE ONLY AS EXPLICITLY SET FORTH HEREIN. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL TIF AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT TO WHICH SUCH LIABILITY RELATES. IN NO EVENT SHALL TIF BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR COMPENSATORY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, PROFITS, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL EVEN IF TIF WAS ADVISED OF OR WAS OTHERWISE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This limited warranty is effective for the purchases of the Product on or after the effective date set forth herein and is in consideration of and is expressly subject to and conditioned by the terms set forth herein. TIF reserves the right to modify this warranty from time to time and any modifications shall be effective for all orders placed on or after the effective date of such revised warranty.